Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Kitty Update

I still haven't taken the furkids to see the vet. It's been quite a busy month. However, I've gotten a pet carrier medium size, only RM55 in Kulim. Neat.

Kitty's diet. Basically, I think Ku Teh is somewhat fussy. She loves wet food more than kibbles. Sometimes she absolutely refuses to eat just kibbles. Whereas Ku Tam eats anything laid out. He's still a fraidy cat. I don't know how to tame him. Mr. Hubster and I have caught hik several time to make him get used to us. However, he still runs helter skelter when we try to touch him. Kitten's diet are Whiskas Jr. wet food + Whiskas Jr. kibbles + Royal Canin kitten kibbles.

I had to teach Ku Teh once only to use the cat litter box and voila, she's litter box trained. Ku Tam is smarter since he wasn't even taught and yet he knows where to do his business. For starters, I was using Tesco Cat Litter, which was RM13.80 per 8litres. It was ok but I think it doesn't do much odour control. So I bought Fussie Cat apple scented litter (RM13 per 5l @ Animal Safari,IPC) and mix it up with Mango Magic Kitty litter (RM15 per 10l, bought in Kulim) + wood pellets (RM7 per kg @ Kulim). Fussie Cat odour control is really great. Very pleasant. I'd recommend it for those living in small quarters (i.e condo, apartment, indoor cats).

I've also bought matching gravity auto feeder and waterer from an ad in Mudah.my. The 2 tier kitty cage was also from the same people. The feeder set was RM25, with a RM7 posting fee. Cage was RM130, which I think is quite cheap. But I have high hopes that I could upgrade the cage to a large 3 tier sometime in the future.

Behaviour wise...Ku Teh is sooooo manja. She loves being stroke and purrs loudly. Strange thing is she likes to climb up my lap and suckle on my clothes. I think she's a bit deprived of a mommy cat's love/milk. Kesian dia. Ku Tam, as i said before, still haven't gotten over his fear of people. Once in a while we get to trap him, dapatla pegang.

So that's the kitty update at the.moment. >*___*<

Published with Blogger-droid v1.7.1

No comments: