Monday, May 23, 2011

Look what the cat dragged in..

I'm kinda excited because....I'm going to have my own pet cat! It's been more than 20 years since I owned my own kitty (feeding strays at the backyard don't count), and now I'm starting this process again.

There was 2 abandoned kitten at my backyard. Both were feral but I've been feeding them and one of them has gotten used to me. The other one, in my opinion is a lost cause. I've managed only 2 times to catch the little rascal and both times he drew blood.

I've gotten a semi large cage, 3 tiers for her house. Yes, it's a her. But I read that  you're not to keep kittens in a cage. Well, putting her in the house is out of the question. I guess I have to pray hard that she's not going anywhere (outside of the backyard premise) when I leave the cage door open. So far, even in her wild days she hasn't the need to leave.

I'm not sure how old the kitten is. Judging from what I read on the Internet, she could be around 3 months old. To make sure, I'd have to ask the vet. Yes, I'm planning to take her to the vet, get vaccination, dewormed and etc. I'd like to do this right. But, doing it right would also mean $$$$ =P

Allright, I'll try to keep the progress posted here. Till then..

No comments: